Storing your turkey:
TOP TIP: For crispier skin, unwrap the turkey the day before roasting and leave it uncovered in the fridge overnight.
Preparing your turkey:
1. To prepare, we recommend covering your bird with softened butter and laying streaky bacon over the breast.
2. Season with cracked black pepper and salt, then cover with foil.
TOP TIP: When it comes to the stuffing, don’t fill your bird before it has been cooked. Bake the stuffing separately and pop it in once your turkey’s rested.
Cooking your turkey:
1. Preheat your oven to 190C/170C fan/gas 5. If the turkey is over 4kg, calculate 20 minutes per kg + 90 minutes. If it’s less than 4kg, then 20 minutes per kg + 70 minutes.
2. Half an hour before the full cooking time, remove the foil which will allow the breast to bronze.
3. To check your turkey’s ready, make sure the juices run clear when you pierce the thickest part of the thigh where it meets the body. If not, pop it back in the oven for another 20 minutes, and test it again.
4. Once cooked, take the turkey out of the tray and turn it upside down, cover in foil and leave to rest for 45 minutes to make sure your bird is nice and moist.
Well we think we've covered it all, but if you do still have any turkey or Christmas feast related questions, we are always on hand to help. You can ask our in-house chef Alice via the website or call 0203 735 8005.