We pride ourselves on minimising the impact on the environment which means future generations will be able to continue to farm efficiently and supply food sustainably. Here’s how we do it:
- The food chain of our product currently only reaches a maximum of 15 miles – that’s farm to butchery to box.
- The farms are run using very low input systems meaning the use of fossil fuels is minimal.
- The traditional breed stock we source as efficient converters of grass, forage and unimproved pastureland which would have little other agricultural value.
- Our packaging is kept to a minimum and recyclable.
- We only source local ingredients for our homemade products, reducing the associated CO2 emissions to grow and transport food outside of the seasons.
- Supporting our local farm suppliers means happier local economies and financial sustainability for our farms.